Data Software Engineer
SSC is a leading, global provider of advanced space services, with more than 50 years of experience. The Satellite Management Service division in SSC is focused on providing high quality and innovative ground station services to our customers - the spacecraft operators. Together we help Earth benefit from Space.
Our customers trust us with their satellite communication. Satellite data is used for many things, from science lab results and earth observations for sustainability work, to weather data and tsunami alerts. Our work matters to people and make a difference for the world.
SSC SaMS Data Analytics team is looking for another team member with a broad technical background, with an eye on the big picture while paying great attention to detail. Someone that enjoys supporting and sharing knowledge with colleagues and has strong self-motivation to identify and drive improvements autonomously.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- B.S. Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering, or similar knowledge from work experience
- Experience from product development and maintenance of operationally critical systems
- Data Lake/Datawarehouse concepts, Apache Kafka, hands-on database experience (MySQL/MariaDB/PSQL/TSDB)
- Experience of implementing dashboard in tools/systems like MS Power BI or Grafana
- Implementation skills in Python, SQL and Bash, and familiar with Git and Linux
- Experience from containerization (e.g., Docker) and orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes)
- Strong understanding of networks, servers, and infrastructure
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Understanding of the space domain / orbital dynamics / satellite communication
This position requires a European citizenship and occasional travelling within and outside Sweden. As this position is critical to the operations of the SSC Services, it may include outside of standard working hours working and/or being part of an on-call team with up to 1 week on-call per month.
This position requires a background control and security interview before employment.
WE OFFER YOU
- An opportunity to be part of the exciting space industry and help Earth benefit from Space.
- An excellent opportunity for personal development and challenging endeavors.
- To be part of international development projects with highly engaged teams.
- A workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees all over the world.
- Possibility to work remotely part of the time (max 50%), and flexible work hours.
Stockholm or Kiruna.
Does this sound interesting? Interviews are held continuously.
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
At SSC we help our customers gain access to space. With approximately 650 employees worldwide, SSC offers specialist skills in development, test, launch and operations of different flight and space systems. The Satellite Management Services division (SaMS) provides satellite services and communications via a global network of our own as well as partner ground stations. Read more at www.sscspace.com.