Systems Engineer - Service Commissioning
At SSC, Swedish Space Corporation, we enable our customers to make better use of Space. One of the core services is to provide communication for the Space to Ground Segment, for spacecraft around the Earth and beyond. These services are performed from a global network of SSC stations and partner stations, enabling our customers to rely on us and our services as an integral part in their systems. The area of satellite communication is growing with a high level of inclusion of new technology from other domains, as well as a high level of innovation.
We offer an opportunity to be part of the Service Commissioning team, a global team that has the end-to-end responsibility of setting up SSC systems as well as execute the critical operations to our customers, providing a link from the ground to the customers satellites. As a Systems Engineer, your role is to perform multi-domain technical leadership, coordination, configuration, testing, documentation, and support. This is executed in the form of participation in projects, analyses/technical investigations as operational support, as well as support interactions with customers.
The work includes international travels to customers and other SSC facilities. As this position is critical to the operations of the SSC Services it may include out of hours working and/or being part of an on-call team with up to 1 week on-call per month.
Examples of work tasks:
- Systems Engineer in service establishments, lead integration of new space missions into the SSC telemetry, tracking and control (TT&C) system.
- Perform critical operations and early handover phase to operations for non-critical support, as well as support incident management for routine operations.
- Interaction with customers on technical matters, document decisions, track changes and follow up on actions and overall deliverables on your projects during the integration process.
- Planning, executing and reporting testing both internally and with customer to enable a successful integration.
- Interaction with technology suppliers and vendors on technical matters.
- Providing coordination and reporting, internally and externally with customer to enable the technical implementation, on time and budget.
WHO YOU ARE
To thrive in this role, you have a drive to provide excellence in technical solutions as well as a drive to learn new things. You like technical challenges, collaboration, and teamwork in an international environment. You have some years of experience of working with systems, preferably both hardware and software, and likely excited by the growing space industry. You are able to describe your designs and ideas to customers and colleagues with the ability to communicate complex technical solutions in an easy and understandable way. As required in the Space business, you are able to write technical documentation and follow formal processes.
We also believe you have:
- Bachelor or Master degree or corresponding experience in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Science or Space Technology and a general interest in all three areas.
- Experience in Systems Engineering hardware/software design, integration, test or critical support.
- You are comfortable communicating in English, both written and spoken.
It is a merit if you have:
- Comprehensive understanding of the theoretical aspects of the “Space-to-Ground” communications, and Software architecture.
- Experience of the Space-to-Ground Segment domain.
- Experience of Project Management, perform project planning, reporting and risk management.
- Familiarity with ground station/network equipment and protocols in satellite communication (RF modulation techniques, error coding, and standards).
- Good proficiency in Swedish.
WE OFFER YOU
- A unique chance to work with a variety of Space projects in an area that is in rapid development and innovation with the inclusion of new technologies such as Software Defined Radio and cloud technologies.
- An excellent opportunity for personal and career development.
- An international workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees all over the world.
- A global mindset and a global team of talented engineers who work with important services helping Earth benefit from Space.
This is a permanent full-time position located in preferable Esrange Space Center, Kiruna. For the right candidate there will also be a possibility working from our office in Solna, Stockholm.
Do not hesitate to apply already today! Interviews are held continuously.
This is a security classified position and requires a background control before employment. We require that you are an EU citizen.
For more information about this position, please contact:
Erik Öskog, Service Commissioning Manager
Phone: +46 70 234 5251 , Email: email@example.com
Katarina Lahti, Service Delivery Global Manager
Phone: +46 70 1801749, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
Swedish Space Corporation (SSC) is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.