Senior Software Engineer
SSC is a leading, global provider of advanced space services, with more than 50 years of experience. The Satellite Management Service division in SSC is focused on providing high quality and innovative ground station services to our customers - the spacecraft operators. Together we help Earth benefit from Space.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Our customers trust us with their satellite communication. We build fast and reliable services and tools, to ensure that satellite data is transferred safely to the customer. Satellite data has many purposes, from science lab results and earth observations for sustainability work, to weather data and tsunami alerts. Our work matters to people and makes a difference for the world.
You will be part of a skilled and friendly development team, with team members in Sweden and in the USA. Your team owns the scheduling and resource allocation systems, with a full life-cycle responsibility. A normal sprint contains a mix of new functionality, mission support and system improvements.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Take lead on implementation work
- Deliver code with the right quality in a transparent and predictable way
- Communicate with stakeholders and colleagues in other teams
- Make good decisions between pragmatic fixes and long-term solutions
- Support and share knowledge with your teammates
- Be actively involved in continuous improvements of systems and way of working
- Contribute to product road map and technical decisions
WHO YOU ARE
We think that you care about your job – your systems, your colleagues and your users. That you have a creative and analytical mindset. You take responsibility, drive your own initiatives and can learn and process technical details quickly. We also think that you appreciate both working autonomously and together with other people.
You have a European citizenship and can travel within and outside Sweden if needed. As this position is critical to the operations of the SSC Services, it may include outside of standard working hours working and/or being part of an on-call team with up to 1 week on-call per month.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- B.S. Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering, or similar experience
- Proven work experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Solid C++ skills
- Familiar with Python and database management
- Fluency in English
- Experience of API development using RESTFul(JSON/XML)
- Experience of DevOps and CI/CD Methodologies
- Experience from the space industry
WE OFFER YOU
- An opportunity to be part of the exciting space industry and help Earth benefit from Space
- An excellent opportunity for personal development and challenging endeavors
- To be part of international development projects with highly engaged teams
- A workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees all over the world
- Possibility to work remotely part of the time (max 50%), and flexible work hours
Stockholm or Kiruna.
Does this sound interesting? Interviews are held continuously.
This position requires a background control and security interview before employment.
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
At SSC we help our customers gain access to space. With approximately 600 employees worldwide, SSC offers specialist skills in development, test, launch and operations of different flight and space systems. The Satellite Management Services division (SaMS) provides satellite services and communications via a global network of our own as well as partner ground stations. Read more at www.sscspace.com