Electrical Engineer – Payloads & Flight Systems
Science Services Division is a part of SSC developing scientific payloads, providing launch services for rockets and stratospheric balloons as well as testing of space systems and reusable rockets. Our customers are space organizations, scientists, corporations, and institutes of higher education. Payloads and Flight systems department is a team of engineers mainly developing and launching scientific experiments and supportive systems for sounding rockets, balloons, and other space platforms. The projects are typically short (1-2 years) and the team do full projects from initial phase studies to actual launch and operations.
We are looking for an electrical engineer to join our inspiring and talented team. Are you passionate about technology and finding new solutions to challenging opportunities in the space industry? Do you thrive in a work environment which is international, dynamic, and sets ambitious goals? Are you committed to customer satisfaction while keeping the balance of cost-efficient deliveries?
In that case we can offer you a unique opportunity to take part in advancing the Swedish space industry. As part of the Payloads & Flight Systems Department you will participate in payload and subsystem development and operations for sounding rockets, stratospheric balloons as well as other vehicles and spacecrafts.
In your role as electronics engineer you will be working with electronics design, development, and testing both on system level and low level. You will be involved from project concept to realizing and actually flying the result.
You will also be involved in the other activities during the life cycle of missions including system design, implementation, test, verification, and operations requiring a holistic approach and mindset.
The position is based at our office and lab in Solna and includes supporting launch campaigns, mainly from Esrange Space Center where you get to launch your work into space.
WHO YOU ARE
To thrive at this position, you are a driven team-player who enjoys taking responsibility and cooperating with engineers of other technical fields, to achieve project goals.
We also believe you have:
- a university degree in a technical field, preferably Electrical Engineering or similar
- experience and interest in electronics design and development
- the desire to support entire project life cycles
- the ability to work independently as well as in a fast-paced, high-collaborative environment
- the ability to quickly adapt to new tasks with a sense of responsibility and ownership
- self-starter and problem solver traits with the need to always learn and improve
- an interest and passion for space and space technology
Meriting if you also have:
- previous experience or interest in hands-on work
- good understanding of data communication and modern electronics
Since you will work with both costumers and colleagues globally, you have good skills in English, both oral and in writing. Skills in Swedish are also preferred.
WE OFFER YOU
- a unique opportunity to be part of the exciting space industry
- an excellent opportunities for personal development and challenging tasks
- a workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees all over the world
- to be part of our team of talented engineers who works with important services so that Earth can benefit from space
We are professionals in Space, here is a chance to become our new Star!
Your experience together with your personal abilities will be critical to our success. If you have the right professional and individual skills, please don’t hesitate to send in your application already today!
We value your personal qualities along with your experience and are looking for you who want to be part of our journey towards the future!
The position is located in Solna/Stockholm.
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! We evaluate all applications continuously. Please apply using your CV and personal letter by clicking the apply button below.
This position requires a background control and security interview before employment.