Do you want to be part of creating history in Swedish Space Industry? In 2024, we plan to enable launch of satellites from Esrange outside of Kiruna in the North of Sweden. Now there is a unique opportunity for you to join the establishment and operation of the orbital launch capability as well as partake in our testbed activities.
As a Systems Engineer, you will play a crucial role in our Orbital Launch & Rocket Test team. Your role involves overseeing the development and integration of systems relating to the launch of new rockets, organizing and executing orbital launches.
Example of work tasks:
- gathering and analyzing requirements for a project or system. This involves understanding the needs of stakeholders and translating those needs into technical specifications.
- designing and architecting systems that meet the requirements. This involves selecting appropriate technologies, creating models and diagrams, and making trade-offs between different design options.
- oversee the integration of the different components of a system.
- oversee the verification and validation process to ensure that a system meets its requirements and is fit for its intended use.
- keep a top-level view of the technical status within the project, keeping an interdisciplinary perspective.
- coordinate with System Engineers in other projects to avoid system level cross-project conflicts.
- develop System Engineering methods and guidelines to ensure that all project members can follow a proper system engineering process.
WHO YOU ARE
Embark on a journey with us, where your solution-focused and proactive mindset will shine. Your analytical ability and exceptional work ethic will find a home in our dynamic team. We value your contextual awareness and effective communication skills, and we're looking for someone who excels as a relationship builder and networker—a true team player. Join us and contribute to a workplace that appreciates your individual strengths, fostering an environment of continuous growth and collaboration.
We also believe you have:
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering
- a few years professional experience in systems engineering or system development
- a professional proficiency in English
- prior professional experience in the space sector is consider a bonus.
WE OFFER YOU
- a unique opportunity to be part of the establishment of Sweden’s first orbital launch service
- an exciting position in a market space with continuous change and big challenges
- a workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees all over the world
- opportunity for personal development
The position is stationed at Esrange Space Center or in Solna Strand.
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Please apply using your CV and personal letter by clicking the apply button below. We evaluate all applications continuously.
This position requires a background control and security interview before employment.
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
SSC is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.