Software Engineer M&C systems
The Satellite Management Services division in SSC is focused on providing high quality and innovative services within satellite communication and control services, all the way from satellite LEOP commissioning to end of life operation. We provide services to all the large space organizations, but also to mid-size and emerging New Space companies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Your main focus will be to develop and maintain our Management and Control systems in close cooperation with our development teams in USA, Chile, and Germany and with our colleagues worldwide.
In your daily tasks you will support our customers to get the best service possible for their orbital and moon missions.
You will also work on SW development projects within SSC production systems based on industry best practice. This includes areas such as digitalization, automation and standardization based on modularized secure system architecture. As this position is critical to the operations of the SSC Services it may include out of hours working and/or being part of an on-call team.
You will be expected to:
- Work with the team on the design of monitor and control, data transfer, and service management systems in a distributed network
- Support our colleagues within antenna control, orbital launch services and emerging technologies
- Develop and maintain high quality code for new and existing software applications used to enable SSC’s services
- Further improve our processes for automated SW testing and deployment
- Promote and refine agile methodologies, principles and values within the teams
- Support our customers missions
WHO YOU ARE
We think that you have a genuine interest in SW development and have a creative and analytical mindset. You have the ability to learn and process technical details quickly. You have strong team working skills and enjoy collaborating with others but also a good self-leadership.
- Computer/Software Engineering university degree minimum at MS level or corresponding experience in software engineering
- Minimum 5 years post-university working experience in software design and development using agile methodologies.
- Object-Oriented programming, minimum C++ and Python
- API development using RESTFul(JSON/XML) or similar, Websocket framework
- Proficiency developing in Linux environment
- Unit Testing frameworks
You have a European citizenship and can travel within and outside Sweden.
WE OFFER YOU
- An excellent opportunity for personal development and challenging endeavors
- Possibility to work remotely part of the time (50% in-office time required), and flexible work hours
- Fixed yearly workload with generous vacation benefit
- Generous exercise allowance. Health and insurance benefits
Solna, Stockholm or Kiruna Sweden
This position requires a background control and security interview before employment.
Does this sound interesting? Interviews are held continuously.
For more information about this position, please contact: Jenny Rudenstål, Global Software Engineering Manager.
Please note that we do not handle applications via email.
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
At SSC we help our customers gain access to space. With approximately 600 employees worldwide, SSC offers specialist skills in development, test, launch and operations of different flight and space systems. The Satellite Management Services division (SaMS) provides satellite services and communications via a global network of our own as well as partner ground stations. Read more at www.sscspace.com