Fluid Ground Support Equipment Engineer
Do you want to be part of creating history in European Space Industry? In 2024, we plan to launch satellites from Esrange Space Center outside Kiruna in the North of Sweden, above the artic circle. Now there is a unique opportunity for you to be part of the preparation and operation of the first European mainland satellite launch site.
As the FGSE Engineer you will be part of the Orbital Launch & Rocket Test department and working with customers projects by implementing and modifying capability to support orbital launches or reusable rocket testing. As well as ensuring the functioning of the equipment during a launch campaign.
Examples of work tasks:
- collaborate and be the point of contact with external subcontractor.
- responsible for inspections and reviews of operational launch pad systems to assess conformance with design and operational requirements.
- report compliance to requirement specifications and interface control documents.
- produce and maintain documentation of FGSE system relating to operational instructions, quality, safety, maintenance and certifications.
- Performance of FGSE configuration control for different launch vehicle
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with a technical focus on Engineering, Physics or similar.
- Professional proficiency in both spoken and written English.
- Knowledge and first experience in space industry for example as an engineer at a launch vehicle manufacturer, launch site or similar. Alternatively with fluid systems in another industry (e.g. oil & gas).
WE OFFER YOU
- a unique opportunity to be part of the establishment of Europe’s first orbital launch service.
- an exciting position in a market space with continuous change and big challenges
- a workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees all over the world.
- opportunity for personal development.
- an organized introduction program where you will learn more about our services, customers and SSC.
- we are professionals in space; come and join us on our exciting journey into the future!
This position is stationed at Esrange Space Center outside Kiruna.
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Please apply using your CV and personal letter by clicking the apply button below. We evaluate all applications continuously.
For more information about this position, please contact:
David Hagsved, Manager Engineering - Orbital Launch & Rocket Test Department
Phone: +46 730844566 Email: David.Hagsved@sscspace.com
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
SSC is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.