Flight Safety Engineer
Do you want to be part of creating history in Swedish Space Industry? In 2024, we plan to launch satellites from Esrange outside Kiruna in the North of Sweden. Now there is a unique opportunity for you to be part of the development, preparation and operation of the new satellite launch site.
As a Flight Safety Engineer, you will be part of our safety and operations team.
Your focus will be flight safety which includes:
- Simulation of orbital, sub-orbital, and reusable rocket flights
- Risk analysis of rocket flights
- Develop flight safety infrastructure
- Produce technical documentation
- Prepare to launch satellites and participate in operations
- Contribute to general increased safety at Esrange
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To succeed in the role as Flight Safety Engineer, you should have the following:
- Master’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Mathematics, Physics etc.) or equivalent professional experience
- Professional proficiency in English
- Experience in space industry
- Experience in complying with European and international standards.
- Experience working with external technically demanding authorities.
- Good knowledge of simulation and analysis.
- Good mathematical ability
- Good critical thinking and self assessment skills
- Ability to work with technical requirements and deadlines.
- Operational experience considered a bonus
WE OFFER YOU
- A unique opportunity to be part of the establishment of Europe’s first orbital launch service
- An exciting position in a market space with continuous change and big challenges
- A workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees all over the world.
- Opportunity for personal development
- An organized introduction program where you will learn more about our services, customers and SSC.
- We are professionals in space; come and join us on our exciting journey into the future!
We offer a permanent position after 6-months trial period. Daytime 40h/week. As part of our team, you will take part in launching and test campaigns which are scheduled outside normal working hours. The position is stationed at Esrange Space Center, Kiruna.
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Please apply using:
- Personal letter relating your experience and education to the job responsibilities and desired qualifications.
We evaluate all applications continuously.
Hiring manager Simon Westerlund, Manager Safety & Operations, Orbital Launch & Rocket Test Department
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
SSC is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.