At SSC, Swedish Space Corporation, we enable our customers to make better use of Space. One of the core services is to provide communication for the Space to Ground Segment, for spacecraft around the Earth and beyond. These services are performed from a global network of SSC stations and partner stations, enabling our customers to rely on us and our services as an integral part in their systems. The area of satellite communication is growing with a high level of inclusion of new technology from other domains, as well as a high level of innovation.
We offer an opportunity to be part of the Infrastructure Establishment Engineering team, a global team that has the end-to-end responsibility of current systems as well as coordinating the technology roadmap for the future installation of new antenna systems. As a Technical Lead, your role is to perform multi-domain technical leadership analyses, coordination, development, and support. This is executed in the form of participation in infrastructure establishments projects, analyses/technical investigations, as well as support bids and proposals.
Tasks of work but not limited to:
- Be the PoC between IE team, Project Managers, and suppliers in technical matters within the project scope and provide technical guidance from a system perspective to the Team.
- Create system design solutions together with project manager based on project requirements and ensure that established solutions/development has been subject to system testing before reported as done to project.
- Leading infrastructure establishments projects, design, development, and integration of new space missions into the SSC telemetry, tracking and control (TT&C) system.
- Support the technology development projects to improve and create new & innovative future services.
- Interaction with customers on technical matters during the ground segment design process. Interaction with technology suppliers and vendors on technical matters.
- Provide technical supports to sales in bids and proposals.
- Provide training to other staff regarding system set-up, operational concept from a system perspective.
- Provide technical input and review technical information in SSC project documentation.
- Planning, executing, and reporting RF compatibility tests (RFCT) with customers.
WHO YOU ARE
To thrive in this role, you have a drive to provide excellence in technical solutions as well as a drive to learn new things. You like technical challenges, collaboration, and teamwork in an international environment. You have some years of experience, including hands on working with systems, preferably both hardware and software, and likely excited by the growing space industry. You are able to describe your designs and ideas to customers and colleagues with the ability to communicate complex technical solutions in an easy understandable way. As required in the Space business, you are able to write technical documentation and follow formal processes. Good knowledge of RF and electronics is a must have.
We believe you have:
- BSc or MSc degree or corresponding experience in Electrical / RF Engineering, Computer Science or Space Technology and a general interest in all three areas.
- Experience in Systems Engineering hardware/software design, integration or test.
- Understanding of Project Management.
- Knowledge of ground station/network equipment and protocols in satellite communication (RF modulation techniques, error coding, and standards)
It is a merit if you have:
- Comprehensive understanding of the theoretical aspects of the “Space-to-Ground” communications.
- Experience of the Space-to-Ground Segment domain.
- Knowledge of using Linux operating system (installing, configuring projects).
WE OFFER YOU
- A unique chance to work with a variety of Space projects in an area that is in rapid development and innovation with the inclusion of new technologies.
- An excellent opportunity for personal and career development.
- An international workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees all over the world.
- A global mindset and a global team of talented engineers who work with important services helping Earth benefit from Space.
This is a permanent full-time position located in Kiruna Sweden or Solna (Stockholm) Sweden. The work includes domestic and international travels with no restrictions (up to 50% of the time) to customers and other SSC facilities around the globe.
This is a security classified position and requires a background control before employment.
Do not hesitate to apply already today! Interviews are held continuously.
For more information please contact: Dimitrios Sfyris, firstname.lastname@example.org
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
Swedish Space Corporation (SSC) is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.