At SSC, Swedish Space Corporation, we enable our customers to make better use of Space. One of the core services is to provide communication for the Space to Ground Segment, for spacecraft around the Earth and beyond. These services are performed from a global network of SSC stations and partner stations, enabling our customers to rely on us and our services as an integral part in their systems. The area of satellite communication is growing with a high level of inclusion of new technology from other domains, as well as a high level of innovation.
We offer an opportunity to be part of the Engineering team, a global team that has the end-to-end responsibility of current systems as well as coordinating the technology roadmap for the future of space communications. As a Systems Engineer, your role is to perform multi-domain technical leadership, analyses, coordination, development, and support. This is executed in the form of participation in projects, analyses/technical investigations, as well as support bids and proposals.
Examples of work tasks:
- Systems Engineer in service establishments, lead design, development, and integration of new space missions into the SSC telemetry, tracking and control (TT&C) system.
- Systems Engineer in technology development projects to improve and create new & innovative future services.
- Interaction with customers on technical matters during the ground segment design process.
- Interaction with technology suppliers and vendors on technical matters.
- Providing in depth analyses, conducting studies and trade-offs to other groups in the SSC organization.
- Providing technical supports to sales in bids and proposals.
- Planning, executing and reporting RF compatibility tests (RFCT) with customer spacecrafts.
WHO YOU ARE
To thrive in this role, you have a drive to provide excellence in technical solutions as well as a drive to learn new things. You like technical challenges, collaboration, and teamwork in an international environment. You have some years of experience of working with systems, preferably both hardware and software, and likely excited by the growing space industry. You are able to describe your designs and ideas to customers and colleagues with the ability to communicate complex technical solutions in an easy understandable . As required in the Space business, you are able to write technical documentation and follow formal processes.
We also believe you have:
- Bachelor or Master degree or corresponding experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Space Technology and a general interest in all three areas.
- Experience in Systems Engineering hardware/software design, integration or test.
It is a merit if you have:
- Comprehensive understanding of the theoretical aspects of the “Space-to-Ground” communications.
- Experience of the Space-to-Ground Segment domain.
- Familiarity with ground station/network equipment and protocols in satellite communication (RF modulation techniques, error coding, and standards).
- Documented knowledge of a major programming/scripting language and knowledge of software architectures and trends.
- Experience of using cloud technologies like virtual machines, containers, docker.
- Knowledge of using Linux operating system (installing, configuring, building from open-source projects).
WE OFFER YOU
- A unique chance to work with a variety of Space projects in an area that is in rapid development and innovation with the inclusion of new technologies such as Software Defined Radio and cloud technologies.
- An excellent opportunity for personal and career development.
- An international workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees all over the world.
- A global mindset and a global team of talented engineers who work with important services helping Earth benefit from Space.
Our mission, vision and values:
- Mission: We help Earth benefit from Space.
- Vision: The leading global provider of advanced space services.
- Sustainability: Environmental, Financial and Social.
- High quality: In everything we do.
- Our C.O.R.E. Values: Customer orientation, One company, Responsibility, Excellence.
This is a permanent full-time position located in Kiruna Sweden or Solna (Stockholm) Sweden.
The work includes international travels to customers and other SSC facilities.
This is a security classified position and requires a background control before employment.
Do not hesitate to apply already today! Interviews are held continuously.
For more information please contact: Dan Hobel. email@example.com
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
Swedish Space Corporation (SSC) is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.