System Design and Development - Space Segment Engineers (m/f/d) - EU Space Program
LSE Space GmbH is looking for
Space Segment Engineers (m/f/d)
to support our services for the existing and future EU Space Program missions in the area of system design and development.
Your core tasks will be:
- Review of the technical documentation for the space segment level activities and ensure consistency with system level documentation;
- Interface with industrial and/or institutional players and service operators for aspects related to operability improvements to be injected in future industrial contract amendments;
- Participate in the space segment evolutions development reviews and change control board
- Review of the technical documentation generated by technical assistance
- Support the qualification/acceptance reviews of the Space Segment;
- Analyse change requests relevant to space segment and support change control boards;
- Contribute to the analysis of anomalies raised by the service operators and participate in the relevant anomaly review boards for aspects related to space segment;
- Support the preparation of requirements, launch, and management of the procurements for the space segment;
- Support the assessment of the performance of the space segment industrial contractors, through the review of the relevant KPIs and deliverables, and propose actions and improvements to address issues and opportunities;
- Prepare and support the development and deployment of space infrastructure related to additional EU space program components;
- Support to launch
- Experience in satellite missions, in particular EU Space programs
- Experience in space segment engineering, maintenance and/or operations
- Able to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Self-starter, able to work independently with no supervision
- Management skills
- Willingness to travel several days per month
- Fluent in English, both in speech and writing
- Other language skills would be a plus
Academic requirements: a University (or similar) degree in engineering or similar discipline.
A permanent employment contract. Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. Career path.
In line with security requirements, the candidate has to hold an EU citizenship and has to be eligible to obtain a security clearance. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Please upload your resume in English here (preferably in the Europass format https://europa.eu/europass/en) www.lsespace.com --> careers
Submission deadline: 27th July 2021