At SSC, Swedish Space Corporation, we enable our customers to make better use of Space. One of the core services is to provide communication for the Space to Ground Segment, for spacecraft around the Earth and beyond. These services are performed from a global network of SSC stations and partner stations, enabling our customers to rely on us and our services as an integral part in their systems. The area of satellite communication is growing with a high level of inclusion of new technology from other domains, as well as a high level of innovation.
In the role as System Architect, you will be an important part of the work with the current architecture as well as the future architecture of end-to-end service delivery systems. The delivery system consists of a mix of domain-specific hardware and software, as well as parts of more generic IT / software infrastructure. Your primary focus in the Engineering department will be towards the software aspects. The group is small, and you may also have hands-on tasks in projects, tests or prototype developments.
Examples of work tasks:
- - Working with the architectural definition, development and improvement of end-to-end ground segment services based on combined software and hardware systems.
- - Leading and coordinating technical activities involving multiple organizational parts and multiple disciplines.
- - Oversight and domain expertise in activities in new developments and projects.
- - Assessment and analysis of concepts and solutions aiming to meet a variety of mission and system requirements.
- - Assessment of the potential and benefits at of new techniques/technologies on the system level.
- - Supporting the preparation of technical proposals in relation to system architecture and capabilities.
- - Supporting projects with domain expertise.
WHO YOU ARE
To thrive in this role, you have a drive to provide excellence in technical solutions and enjoy working with the space industry, an industry that is evolving quickly in the area we are in. You enjoy teamwork and collaboration in an international environment, as well as coaching others in your area of expertise.
You have experience of working with systems, preferably both hardware and software, with a strong understanding of software architecture and technologies. You have an interest and ability to learn new technologies, hardware, and software. As it is a small group, you are ready to work hands-on in projects. It is a merit if you have experience in satellite ground systems, but not a necessity. To describe your designs and ideas to customers and colleagues, you can communicate complex technical solutions in an easy understandable way, both in writing as well as orally.
We believe you have:
- - Master's degree or corresponding experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Space Technology and a general interest in all three areas.
- - Experience as software oriented systems architect with hands-on experience.
- - Experience in systems consisting of software and hardware.
- - Well familiar with modern software architectures, including microservices, containers, cloud computing technologies.
- - Documented proficiency in a major programming/scripting language.
- - A good communicator, fluent in English, both in speech and writing.
- - System-minded and a team-player.
- - Ability to differentiate requirements of low-cost and high-quality projects.
It is a merit if you have:
- - Experience of the Space Ground Segment domain.
- - Experience in architectures including SDR, VNF, PNF, SDN, MANO
WE OFFER YOU
- - A unique opportunity to be part of the exciting space industry.
- - An excellent opportunity for personal development and challenging tasks.
- - A global mindset and a global team working on services to help Earth benefit from Space.
Our mission, vision and values:
- - Mission: We help Earth benefit from Space.
- - Vision: The leading global provider of advanced space services.
- - Sustainability: Environmental, Financial and Social.
- - High quality: In everything we do.
- - Our C.O.R.E. Values: Customer orientation, One company, Responsibility, Excellence.
This is permanent position, located in Sweden, Solna (Stockholm). The work includes travels to other SSC sites and customers.
This is a security classified position and requires a background control before employment.
If this sounds interesting do not hesitate to apply already today!
Interviews are held continuously.
For more information please contact: Petrus Hyvönen, Head of Engineering, email@example.com
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
SSC is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.