SSC UK - Software Engineer
Do you enjoy solving problems and working with new technology?
Do you want to make a difference in the space industry?
Working within our expanding UK software team, you will play a key role in defining and delivering cutting edge software and processes in a collaborative environment, working with highly skilled engineers across multiple domains and sites.
You’ll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success and will allow you to drive your career in new and exciting ways working at the cutting edge of the space industry.
Join our talented and creative team where you will:
- - Participate in planning, designing, developing and managing applications in support of SSC Space systems and services.
- - Write clean, effective and high-quality scripts and code.
- - Support all phases of the software development life: understanding contexts, suggesting ideas, planning, design, development, deployment, evolution and maintenance.
- - Design, develop and prepare test strategies, plans, environments, facilities and equipment.
- - Perform manual and automated test campaigns and create test reports.
- - Work with team leads, Scrum Master and Product owners in delivering user stories on time.
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
We would like it if you have the following knowledge/experience:
- - Demonstrable experience in a relevant technical domain.
- - Experience of designing, building, testing, integrating and maintaining modern software applications.
- - Experience using a variety of coding languages in different environments.
- - Ability to cope with a high degree of design complexity and significant levels of uncertainty.
- - Self-motivated with an aptitude for problem solving and driving difficult issues to conclusion alongside excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
It would also be great if you have:
- - Some experience with Cloud Technologies, such as: AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- - Experience of version / source control systems.
- - Experience in Satellite Communication Technologies with an appreciation of satellite subsystems, systems engineering processes and operations environments.
- - Experience with typical ESA project and documentation processes.
- - Eligibility for UK security clearance.
This is a full-time role and is complemented by an attractive salary and good benefits package.
SSC Space UK is a wholly owned subsidiary of Swedish Space Corporation. Based within the science park at Harwell in Oxfordshire UK, the company is growing rapidly to provide groundbreaking next-generation space services to the NewSpace market.
To learn about the company and its advanced services, visit https://sscspace.com/