Spacecraft Operator (m/f/d)
LSE Space GmbH is looking for Master Graduates and Junior Engineers (in the field of Telecommunications, Eletronics or Aerospace Engineering) to join one of our Spacecraft Operations Teams in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich/Germany.
Typical tasks will be:
- To monitor and control all operational progress, in accordance with the scheduled operations plan, ensuring that safety criteria are respected and that all operations are conducted in accordance with the established procedures;
- To perform specific operations, as defined in the operations plan, or as instructed by the responsible SOM, SOE or Analyst;
- Immediately inform the responsible personnel when an anomaly is detected, in accordance with the established procedures;
- To take corrective action as necessary, applying the contingency/ emergency procedures approved for the mission;
- To prepare operations reports as requested;
- To assist in the production of printouts, graphs and plots for off-line evaluation and analysis;
- To prepare and complete all necessary forms for the daily operations routine.
The service is performed in a shift rota to continuously have 24 hours manning team within a regular shift pattern.
Qualifications and skills:
- A Technician’s degree or Master’s degree in Telecommunications (preferred), Aerospace or Eletronics Engineering
- Experience with using computer systems is required, and experience in data communication and/or ground station systems is an advantage
- Strong interest and existing skills in programming and IT systems
- Strong team player
- Readiness to develop into a Ground Segment Operations Engineering position in the future
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate an orderly, reliable and disciplined approach to the execution of operations and be capable of working calmly and correctly under stress Commitment and willingness to work in a 24/7 shift
A permanent employment contract. Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. Career path.
In order to be eligible to work on European Space missions the candidate has to hold an EU citizenship and has to be eligible to obtain a security clearance. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Please apply online www.lsespace.com > careers