Software Engineer Manager
Inspired by the exciting changes in the global space market, SSC remain at the forefront by continuously developing new capabilities in close cooperation with our customers. Our understanding of the emerging needs for accessible, flexible and affordable solutions enables us to tailor and deliver innovative services. SSC is now looking for Software Engineering Manager to join the Satellite Management Service division.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will mainly work with a highly skilled software team responsible for development projects enabling SSC to consolidate and unify production systems and environments based on industry best practice. The primary purpose of your role is to enable the team by ensuring there is distinctive direction both technically and strategically, with clear priorities. Making sure that the team have the appropriate conditions, processes, plans and tools in place to facilitate delivery as expected. This will be achieved as a part of the Service Delivery Systems management team and of course in joint effort with the entire team.
This include driving SSC in software development with a focus on areas such as digitalization, automation and standardization based on modularized secure system architecture. Example of work tasks:
- Full line manager responsibility for a developer team of about 10 direct reports
- Financial planning, budget and forecast responsibility
- Initiate and participate in improvements of processes for automation of testing and deployment.
- Ensure new and existing code follows security and documentation best practices.
- Understand, apply and promote agile methodologies, principles and values within the team.
WE OFFER YOU
- An exciting and dynamic workplace with employees and customers all over the world
- A workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees
- To be part of international development projects with highly engaged team
- Travel both domestic and abroad
WHO YOU ARE
We think that you are a passionate natural leader that have a creative and analytical mindset. You take responsibility, own initiatives and have the ability to learn and process technical details quickly. You have strong communication and team working skills and enjoy collaboration with others.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- We expect you to have minimum B.S. Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering
- 5 years of proven leadership experience in a technical field
- Experience of resource planning and management
- Fluency in English
- Experience of Scrum & DevOps and CI/CD Methodologies
- Some years of proven work experience as a Software Engineer and developer
- Experience within the space or telecommunications industry
- Systems engineering experience
- Understanding of RF and communications theory
Esrange Space Center, Kiruna or Solna Stockholm Sweden
Does this sound interesting? Interviews are held continuously. We look forward to your application at the latest by June 18, 2021.
For more information please contact:
Michael Andersson, Global Manager Service Delivery Systems
Phone: +46 (0)73 803 2125
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
SSC is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.