Software engineer – Payloads & Flight Systems
Science Services Division is a part of SSC developing scientific payloads, providing launch services for rockets and stratospheric balloons as well as testing of space systems and reusable rockets. Our customers are space organizations, scientists, corporations, and institutes of higher education. The Payloads and Flight systems department is a team of 18 engineers mainly developing and launching scientific experiments and supportive systems for sounding rockets, balloons, and other space platforms. The projects are typically short (1-2 years) and the team do full projects from initial phase studies to actual launch and operations.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our inspiring and talented team. Are you passionate about technology and finding new solutions to challenging opportunities in the space industry? Do you thrive in a work environment which is international, dynamic, and sets ambitious goals? Are you committed to customer satisfaction while keeping the balance of cost-efficient deliveries?
In that case we can offer you a unique opportunity to take part in advancing the Swedish space industry. As part of the Payloads & Flight Systems Department you will participate in payload and subsystem development and operations for sounding rockets, stratospheric balloons as well as other vehicles and spacecrafts.
In your role as software engineer, your primary responsibility will be software maintenance and development, both on-board flight software and ground operation software, for our systems. You will also need to have a holistic approach and be involved in the other activities during the life cycle of missions including system design, implementation, test, verification, and operations. You will also take part in maintenance and development of our software development tools and environments.
The position includes work in our office and lab in Solna as well as supporting launch campaigns, mainly from Esrange Space Center.
WHO YOU ARE
To thrive at this position, you are a driven team-player who enjoys taking responsibility and cooperating with engineers of other technical fields, to achieve project goals. We also believe you have:
- a university degree in software engineering or electronic engineering
- passion to software design and development
- good understanding of data communication and modern electronics
- an interest in improving development processes and product/quality assurance for software
- a sense of responsibility and ownership of the tasks you are doing
- self-starter and problem solver traits with the need to always learn and improve
- the ability to work independently as well as in a fast-paced, high-collaborative environment
- the ability to quickly adapt to new tasks
- an interest and passion for space and space technology
- previous experience in Object-Oriented Programming and Model Based Development is meriting
- previous experience of low-level hardware programing is meriting
- previous experience in FPGA development is meriting
Since you will work with both costumers and colleagues globally, you have good skills in English, both oral and in writing. Skills in Swedish are also preferred.
WE OFFER YOU
- a unique opportunity to be part of the exciting space industry
- an excellent opportunity for personal development and challenging tasks
- a workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees all over the world
- to be part of our team of talented engineers who works with important services so that Earth can benefit from space
We are professionals in Space, here is a chance to become our new Star!
Your experience together with your personal abilities will be critical to our success. If you have the right professional and individual skills, please don’t hesitate to send in your application already today!
We value your personal qualities along with your experience and are looking for you who want to be part of our journey towards the future!
The position is located in Solna/Stockholm.
This is a security classified position and requires a background control before employment.
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! We evaluate all applications continuously. Please apply using your CV and personal letter by clicking the apply button below.
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
SSC is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.