Inspired by the exciting changes in the global space market, SSC remain at the forefront by continuously developing new capabilities in close cooperation with our customers. Our understanding of the emerging needs for accessible, flexible and affordable solutions enables us to tailor and deliver innovative services. SSC is now looking for a software engineer to join the Satellite Management Service division.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Your main focus will be on work in an innovative project to develop and test a new pre-operational data service for SSC. Here you will be part of a fast-paced multidisciplinary team and play a core role designing, developing and testing software systems for a dynamic and highly flexible optical ground network for data distribution.
Upon completion of this project, you will help transition the pre-operational service into SSC’s portfolio. You will then work on development projects enabling SSC to consolidate and unify production systems and environments based on industry best practice. You will integrate business intelligence systems to accommodate cost effective, agile, secure and robust services to meet the demands of existing as well as new customers. This includes supporting SSC in software development in areas such as digitalization, automation and standardization based on modularized secure system architecture.
Example of work tasks:
- Work with the team on the design of monitor and control, data transfer, and service management systems of a distributed network.
- Develop and maintain high quality, scalable, secure, stable code for new and existing software applications used to enable SSC’s services.
- Participate in improvements of processes for automation of testing and deployment.
- Ensure new and existing code follows best security and documentation practices.
- Write and present code design specifications and validate requirements compliance.
- Being proficient in developing in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Understand, apply and promote agile methodologies, principles and values within the team.
WE OFFER YOU
- An exciting and dynamic workplace with employees and customers all over the world
- A workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees
- To be part of international development projects with highly engaged team
- Travel both domestic and abroad
WHO YOU ARE
We think that you are a passionate co-worker that have a creative and analytical mindset. You take responsibility, own initiatives and have the ability to learn and process technical details quickly. You have strong communication and team working skills and enjoy collaboration with others.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- We expect you to have minimum B.S. Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering
- Some years of proven work experience as a Software Engineer
- Object-Oriented programming techniques, minimum C++ and Python
- Database management and interfaces
- Experience of Scrum & DevOps and CI/CD Methodologies
- Fluency in English
- API development using RESTFul(JSON/XML), Websocket framework
- Experience with network protocols and devices is an advantage
- Experience with scheduling and/or cloud data is an advantage
- Experience with monitor and control of real-time hardware is an advantage
- Experience with JAVA, JS, Groovy is an advantage
- Experience with unit testing frameworks is an advantage
- Experience of using JIRA and GIT
- Experience from the space industry is an advantage
- Experience with Machine learning and cloud computing is an advantage
Solna, Stockholm Sweden
Does this sound interesting? Interviews are held continuously. We look forward to your application at the latest by January 23, 2022.
For more information please contact:
Hanna Sundberg, Lead System Architect – Optical Communication
Phone: +46 (0)73 404 4043 e-mail: email@example.com
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
At SSC we help our customers gain access to space. With approximately 600 employees worldwide, SSC offers specialist skills in development, test, launch and operations of different flight and space systems. The Satellite Management Services division (SaMS )provides satellite services and communications via a global network of our own as well as partner ground stations. Read more at www.sscspace.com