Navigations Engineer (m/f/d) - ESOC in Darmstadt
LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f/d) in order to fulfill the duty of:
to be part of our Service Team to support our customer ESA/ESOC in Darmstadt/Germany.
For our activities at ESA/ESOC, we are currently seeking to employ highly motivated and enthusiastic Navigation Operations Engineers to support the area of Precise Orbit Determination (POD).
Typical activities shall cover the following tasks:
The main activities of the Navigation Operations Services we are currently providing to ESOC consist on processing data from a combination of a number of GNSS receiver networks, including the ESA network plus optionally sub-networks providing data by contractual agreement and publicly available data (CDDIS). The data are processed in batch mode or in real-time, in the ESOC’s Navigation Facility. Service products typically include orbit products (restitution and prediction) and high-rate clock solutions both for the ground and satellite clocks. Beside (near-) real time products enhanced-accuracy off-line or final products may be delivered, as well as additional or auxiliary products (station coordinates, geophysical data –e.g. Earth Rotation Parameters - ERPs, satellite properties, etc.).
For the POD engineering support and consultancy, our Service Team members shall have:
- Proven and demonstrated experience in Navigation Operations Services and/or Precise Orbit Determination
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- A very good knowledge in GNSS, SLR and VLBI tracking systems and data processing
- A very good knowledge in POD algorithms and software development
- A very good knowledge in modelling of satellite dynamics and signal propagation effects
- Proficient in Unix and/or Linux, shell scripting languages, Fortran and Python
Our Service Team members shall have:
- A very good knowledge of system operations (automated and manual),
- A very good knowledge of procedures (development, implementation and application),
- Very good knowledge of UTC, time synchronisation and related operations
- A good knowledge in GNSS (systems and data processing)
- Knowledge or interest in algorithm and SW development
- A good expertise PC/Linux, network services and protocols, and computer peripherals proficient in Unix and/or Linux, shell scripting languages, Fortran and Python
Our Service Team members cover several areas like:
- Navigation Operations Engineering services
- Navigation Experimental Operations
- Galileo Performance Analysis
- Galileo Constellation Analysis
- EGNOS Performance Analysis
- Navigation System Definition service
- Navigation Algorithms service
- POD engineering support and consultancy
- GNSS station engineering
- Range Integrity Monitoring Stations (RIMS) deployment
- Maintenance and upgrade of SW
- Ionospheric modelling
The following skills would be desirable:
Knowledge on the other areas like Navigation Operations, Navigation Experimental Operations, Galileo and EGNOS Performance Analysis are a very valuable asset.
Start Date: November 2021
A permanent employment contract. Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. Career path.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.