Navigation Operations Engineer (m/f/d)
LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f/d) in order to fulfill the duty of a
Navigation Operations Engineer
to be part of our Service Team to support our customer ESA/ESOC in Darmstadt/Germany.
For our activities at ESA/ESOC, we are currently seeking to employ a highly motivated and enthusiastic Navigation Operations Engineer to support the area of Precise Orbit Determination (POD).
Typical activities shall cover the following tasks:
The operational generation of high-precision orbit and clock products for all Galileo and GPS satellites, as well as for various LEO missions, such as the Sentinels. The batch processing is based on GNSS observation data from a global network of terrestrial receivers and space-born receivers on the LEO satellites. The products are generated continuously and repeatedly with latencies between 15 minutes and several days. The operational setup requires monitoring and quality testing of every part of the processing chain: Dataflow, IT infrastructure and in particular the numerical statistics of the batch computation process and solutions (orbits, clocks, earth orientation parameters, station coordinates, etc.). Anomalies are solved within the team and reported as part of our continuous effort to improve robustness and availability.
- University degree (or equivalent), in Aerospace Engineering, Geodesy, IT or any other related area
- Proven and demonstrated experience in Navigation Services and/or Precise Orbit Determination
- Fluent in English, both in speech and writing
- Experience in space or ground segment operations
- Experience in operational procedures and reporting
- Intermediate understanding of orbit dynamics and GNSS
- Ability to organize and visualize numeric data with Python
- Experience in network services and protocols, and computer peripherals
- Experience in Unix environments and shell scripting languages
- Ability to work independently without supervision
The following skills would be desirable:
- Familiar with GNSS and POD products and formats.
- Processing of GNSS, SLR or VLBI observation data
- Geodetic understanding of Earth reference frames and earth orientation parameters
- Experience in Software development, preferable Fortran and Python
Start Date: November 2021
A permanent employment contract. Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. Career path.
In line with security requirements of the mission, the candidate has to hold an EU citizenship and has to be eligible to obtain a security clearance. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Are you looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then please apply online as soon as possible.
www.lsespace.com -> careers -> online application form
Please upload your CV & CL in an Europass format only