Ground Segment L2 Maintenance Engineer (m/f/d) - Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen
LSE Space GmbH is looking for a
Ground Segment L2 Maintenance Engineer (m/f/d)
to join our Service Team supporting the Galileo Mission in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich/Germany.
The core tasks will be:
- Support AIV campaigns for the Galileo Ground Control Segment
- Definition and maintenance of test documentation
- Support to the preparation and execution of the Non-Regression / System Validation Test Campaigns
- Support all milestone reviews related to the Ground Control Segment L2/L3 maintenance
- Support the design of end-to-end integrated maintenance and troubleshooting environments for Galileo systems
- Provision of inputs to the release strategy for minor and major evolutions of the Ground Control Segment Infrastructure
- Provide inputs to Service Asset and Configuration Management activities, including maintaining the configuration via the provided tools
- Support Ops, L1 and L3 maintenance teams for problem management, system restoration, vulnerability management and handling of security incidents
Academic requirements: a University (or similar) degree in computer science, engineering or similar discipline.
- Engineering degree in a relevant technical field
- Experience in ground system AIV campaigns
- Experience in ground system operations
- Familiar with IT systems, like web-based applications and server hardware
- Experience in Linux environments, scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python) and VMware Sphere virtual machines
- Knowledge of Galileo or other navigation ground segment would be a plus
- Willingness to strictly follow procedures and creative enough to find workarounds if they fail
- Interested in constant learning
- Self-starter, able to work independently with little or no supervision
- An advanced level of English is mandatory
A permanent employment contract. Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. Career path.
In line with security requirements, the candidate has to hold an EU citizenship and has to be eligible to obtain a security clearance. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Please upload your resume in English here: www.lsespace.com → careers