Ground Segment & RF Engineer (m/f/d) - ESOC
Ground Segment & RF Engineer (m/f/d)
LSE Space GmbH is looking for an experienced Ground Segment & RF Engineer to join our Service team, based at the European Spacecraft Operations Centre (ESOC), in Darmstadt, Germany.
This position is based at ESOC in Darmstadt. It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be latest 1st September 2021.
LOCATION: ESA/ESOC – Darmstadt, Germany
- Familiarisation with ground segment system engineering, contribution to architectural and detailed design activities
- Solid experience in end-to-end ground station systems for spacecraft operations
- Knowledge of RF systems, power amplifiers, low-noise amplifiers, frequency converters, baseband data processing, and SLE protocol
- Support the definition and management of ground segment interfaces including maintenance of the associated baseline
- Support the establishment and maintenance of end-to-end systems and technical documents
- Support the technical analysis of changes and the assessment of their system impacts
- Ability to understand and accurately predict behaviour of complex systems
Additionally we are looking for the following skills:
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Self-starter, able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Pro-active and confident personality with good persuasive skills
- Team-player, able to interface with technical and management personnel
- Well-organised, able to prioritise and manage several tasks in parallel
- Ability to travel to the remote ground station sites, sometimes over 2-3 week periods.
- University (or similar) degree in engineering, physics or similar applicable discipline
- EU National;
- CV and CL in Europass format.
A permanent employment contract. Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. Career path.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Are you looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then please apply online.
Please upload your CV & CL in English in an Europass format only.