Global Software Engineering Manager running the Service Delivery Systems team
Inspired by the exciting changes in the global space market, SSC remain at the forefront by continuously developing new capabilities in close cooperation with our customers. Our understanding of the emerging needs for accessible, flexible and affordable solutions enables us to tailor and deliver innovative services. SSC is now looking for a Global Service Delivery Systems Manager to join the Satellite Management Service division.
As the Global Software Engineering Manager your role will be to lead and develop global multi-functional software and IT teams within the Satellite Management Service Operations group. Your responsibilities involves ensuring timely delivery of software development projects and related support systems. Support the service assurance and lifecycle management through regular monitoring and feedback. As well as increase efficiency through the development of flexible and highly automated scheduling and commissioning systems.
You will be leading the overall digitalization of the SaMS production systems as well as contributing to the overall SSC group digital transformation.
Example of work tasks:
- OSS Core and M&C systems
- Scheduling system
- Customer Portals and APIs
- Data Analytics
- Cloud and Virtual Platforms
WHO YOU ARE
We think you are a passionate natural leader who have a strategic and result-orientated approach. You have an innovative and forward-thinking mindset. You take responsibility, own initiatives and have the ability to learn and process technical details quickly. You have strong communication and team working skills and enjoy collaboration with others. As well as you have the ability to bridge cultural boundaries to overcome barriers and improve outcomes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Several years of proven leadership experience in a software development or technical field
- Experience of resource planning and management
- Some years of proven work experience as a Software Engineer and developer
- Experience within the space industry
- Good knowledge of System Engineering process
- Strong communication skills in English
WE OFFER YOU
- An exciting and dynamic workplace with employees and customers all over the world
- A workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees
- To be part of international development projects with highly engaged team
- Travel both domestic and international travel between the SSC sites.
This position is can be located either at Horsham PA, or Solna (Stockholm) or Esrange Space Center (Kiruna).
This is a security classified position and requires a background control before employment.
Does this sound interesting? Interviews are held continuously. We look forward to your application.
For more information please contact:
Guy Wilkinson, Head of Operations & Service Delivery
Phone: +46 76 138 42 26 e-mail: Guy.Wilkinson@sscspace.com
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
Swedish Space Corporation (SSC) is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.