Global Regulatory Coordinator
At SSC, Swedish Space Corporation, we enable our customers to make better use of space. One of the core services is communication between the space and ground segment, for spacecraft around the Earth and beyond. These services are performed from a global network of SSC stations and partner stations, enabling our customers to rely on us and our services as an integral service in their systems. Space and communications are highly regulated areas, and in order for SSC to provide the ground network services, SSC and its customers need to navigate and operate in this regulatory landscape.
You are part of a small international team managing the SSC regulatory aspects for the space to ground communications. In the role as Global Regulatory Coordinator you will manage and develop SSC’s regulatory position and ensure the regulatory licenses and permits for the global network of ground stations. The role also covers developing the regulatory area with additional services to customers.
Examples of work tasks:
- - Ensure that licensing and regulatory needs are fulfilled in place in time
- - Develop new services for SSC customers related to the regulatory domain
- - Be informed about current and potential future polices and regulations for RF licensing in space and on ground, often through international working groups, agencies, and organizations
- - Management, including applications, of RF licenses for various countries
- - Support projects and proposals with regulatory guidance
- - Point of contact for the customers regarding regulatory topics
- - Coordinate and/or perform interference simulation and analyses
WHO YOU ARE
We think you are either coming from an engineering background, or a legal background with previous experience in the space regulatory domain. You are structured, have attention to details, and can assess regulatory documentation (reading stamina). You enjoy business development and can provide a business perspective on the regulatory domain. Communication skills are essential in your role, you can communicate complex regulatory conditions and ideas effectively for various audiences, including SSC staff and customers.
We believe you have:
- - At least a bachelor's degree in a technical field, or law and experience in satellite RF regulatory areas
- - Understanding of RF license processes and regulations
- - Understanding of customer relations and business development
- - Good communication skills, both in speech and writing
It is a merit if you have:
- - Experience working with satellite ITU coordination or/and national RF licensing
WE OFFER YOU
- - An opportunity to develop the regulatory domain to promote the development of space technology and space activities
- - A highly appreciated role in a small global company
- - A unique opportunity to be part of the exciting space industry
- - An excellent opportunity for personal development
- - A workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees all over the world
- - To be part of our team at SSC that helps Earth benefit from space
Our mission, vision and values:
- Mission: We help Earth benefit from Space
- Vision: The leading global provider of advanced space services
- Sustainability: Environmental, financial and social
- High quality: In everything we do
- Our C.O.R.E. Values: Customer orientation, One company, Responsibility, Excellence
This is permanent position, located in Sweden, at one of the SSC locations in Solna (Stockholm) or Kiruna. Remote work will be considered.
This is a security classified position and requires a background control before employment.
Do not hesitate to apply already today!
Interviews are held continuously.
For more information please contact: Petrus Hyvönen, Head of Engineering
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
SSC is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.