Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer- Orbit Routine Operations for Earth Explorers (m/f/d)
LSE Space is looking for experienced Engineers (m/f/d) in order to fulfill the duty of:
Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer- Orbit Routine Operations for Earth Explorers
for our customer ESA/ESOC in Darmstadt/Germany
For our activities at ESA/ESOC, we are currently seeking to employ highly motivated and enthusiastic Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer for the Orbit Determination in the Earth Observation Missions.
Tasks and Activities
The general activities to be supported by the service are (depending on the subsystem and phase of the mission):
Orbit Determination, Prediction and Products Generation:
- Execution of and support to operational tasks
- Processing of tracking data
- Determination and prediction of spacecraft orbital state
- Generation of orbit related products such as orbit event predictions
Flight Dynamics Application Layer:
- Maintenance of elements of the Flight Dynamics Application Layer
Flight Dynamics System Development:
- Specification of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Implementation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Installation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements on operational platform(s)- design, coordination and implementation of tests
- Participation in tests
- Set-up procedures
- Flight Dynamics (Sub-)System configuration
- Coordination of internal and external interfaces and actitivities across subsystems General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities.
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics
- Skills to apply your knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Linux scripting languages, Fortran 90 and C++)
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
- Ability to work independently
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity/experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
- Experience dealing with external interfaces
- Experience with Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
Location of work: Darmstadt/Germany.
Submission deadline: 3rd of March 2021
A permanent employment contract. Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. Career path.
In line with security requirements, the candidate has to hold an EU citizenship and has to be eligible to obtain a security clearance. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
Are you looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Please upload your resume in English here (preferably in the Europass format https://europa.eu/europass/en)
www.lsespace.com --> careers--> online application
Data protection really matters to us. Keeping our policy transparent and protecting our users’ privacy, has always been a top priority.
That’s why we want to make sure that your personal data will be stored in a secure and GDPR-compliant location. Therefore we are requesting that you apply online for our open positions.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter and we look forward to getting in touch with you in the near future!