Do you have a degree in Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Technology?
Do you have the Passion and Drive to make the future happen?
If so take the opportunity to Further Your Career with us!
We offer YOU the opportunity to engage with the most exciting technology both on the ground and in Space itself and the challenges it brings. Space is opening up and becoming increasingly accessible.
SSC Space US, Inc. is hiring ENTRY LEVEL Satellite Communications Systems Engineers
You will have an opportunity to join a cutting-edge team that is transforming how advanced space services are provided to the global space community. With a focus on the future, you will be part of a group of professionals as SSC revolutionizes the way we do business. We offer you a chance to be part of a dedicated team focused on addressing industry challenges and constantly interacting with partners, teammates and customers on literally every continent on the planet – and you will be in the heart of it.
Our company provides a full range of ground segment services to a wide variety of missions from the world’s largest network of multi-mission ground stations. Through this program you will be a valued member in our global team for Systems Engineering.
- Creating technical solutions and architectures to support commercial and Government/University space systems
- Driving international development projects
- Design and documentation methods in space business
- Interacting with customers on technical matters during the whole design process from initial discussion to operational systems.
- Interact with technology suppliers and vendors on technical matters
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support definition and project cost estimations of program technical requirements. Lead design, development and integration of new missions into the telemetry, tracking and control (TT&C) system. Ensure validation of new program requirements into the network.
- Ensure the continued success of existing programs/customers utilizing SSC’s shared TT&C resources.
- Support modifications to existing hardware devices – from requirements definition, system integration and test through operational deployment.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or any related Technical Major
- Minimum/Solid GPA of 3.2
- Corresponding knowledge or experience in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related tech field
- Knowledge or experience in systems engineering hardware/software design, integration and test
- Familiarity with ground station/network equipment and protocols in satellite communication (RF modulation techniques, error coding, and standards) is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience in project management.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, and communications skills coupled with a strong work ethic; ability to work autonomously in a dynamic work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and SharePoint
- Ability to work well in teams
- Must be available to work near our corporate headquarters located in the Philadelphia, PA area.
Candidates will work in an international environment with colleagues from all over the world including, Sweden, Chile, Australia, Canada, etc.
US citizenship is required.'
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply: Please send your letter of interest and resume to SSC at https://sscspace.com/career
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
SSC is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.